Lady Spartans Swim To Victory

Oak+Lawn+Swimmers+Jump+into+Joy+as+they+win+conference+at+Evergreen+High+School.+Ellie+Featherstone+Hold+the+trophy+of+victory+along+with+other+spartan+swimmers.+

Oak Lawn Swimmers Jump into Joy as they win conference at Evergreen High School. Ellie Featherstone Hold the trophy of victory along with other spartan swimmers.

Maria Villagomez

On October 28th of 2017, the girls swimming and diving team did an astonishing job at the South Suburban Conference which was hosted by Evergreen High School. Each and every year, for the third year in a row, our rival team, Reavis took first, but this year Oak Lawn swimmers and divers gave it their all and took the 1st away from them.

Diving got off to a great start with earning us a head start of 8 points for the school for the swimming conference. Both Jenna Cipriani and Grace Heneghan, did an amazing job in placing in the conference meet while Jenna got 1st and Grace got 4th place.

The swimmers of Oak Lawn stunned the crowd as they took many first places in their competitions. Oak lawn took first place in the second heat of the 200 medley relay which included swimmers, Ellie Featherstone, Alyssa Bitner, Maddy Clarke, and Zeren Cebi. On this day many records were broken by two swimmers, Peggy Fritz and Claire Esguerra. Peggy broke her original time by an astonishing 12 seconds in her 200 meter freestyle. On the other hand Freshman Claire Esguerra broke the varsity record in her 100 meter backstroke.

The swimmers were jumping for joy as the announcement of placement of conference was being called. The coach of the swimmers, Coach Zuzga, was proud of the swimmer this year. They have been working hard for this season and made it worth it to take the championship. The swimmers of Oak Lawn High School continue to practice as sectionals comes near.