Student Council’s Thanksgiving Food Drive is Back Again

Jessica Komperda, Staff Writer

Student Council is hosting their annual Thanksgiving Food Drive up until Monday November 21st. The items go to two local pantries, Our Savior Lutheran Church in Burbank and a Faith Lutheran Church in Oak Lawn.

This year things are being done differently. Students are encouraged to bring items to participating teachers or the Media Center. Participating teachers this year are DeMatteo, Hennelly, Jepsen, Kallenborn, Kolimas, La Spina, Meyers, Strelow, Vazzana, Jepsen, Watson, and Wirtz.

Student council has been involved with this event for many years, having it as a way to help the community.

One of the goals of student council is to give back to the community, and this is a really good way to do it”, said Student Council Administrator Jennifer Sildow.

Our Savior Lutheran Church collects food for the community during every holiday season.

“Our Saviors food pantry is preparing for another holiday season. The troubled economy is making a very difficult for us to keep up with the growing need in our community”, said the Our Savior Lutheran Church food pantry volunteers. “Your generosity in the past was greatly appreciated.”

The Thanksgiving Food Drive will be ending November 21st, so have your donations brought to a participating teacher or the Media Center by then. Donations being taken are canned food or goods. All donations are appreciated.