Operation Santa Claus

Kamil Schab, Staff Writer

As the holiday season approaches, its good to take it upon ourselves to participate in all sorts of events that help those who aren’t as fortunate as us. “Operation Santa Claus” does exactly that, and the event organizer Mrs. Ellen Kruger, has prepared an event that follows a familiar, but functional format as previous years.

The dates of the events are as listed:

-Thursday, 12/2, 2021: Committee meeting to prepare the holiday trees, wrap spare change boxes, and write wish tags for the items the families have asked for.

-Monday, December 6, 2021 – Friday, December 10, 2021: Holiday trees will be on display in the student cafeteria during all lunch periods. Students and staff members can select a candy cane/wish tag with a gift to purchase.

-Friday, December 17, 2021: All (unwrapped) gifts are due to Room 215.

-Monday, December 20, 2021: Wrap Party (3-4:30). All students and staff are invited to help wrap all the gifts!

Gifts can include but are not limited to: Clothing, books, toys, school and tech accessories, etc.

“We have 13 families involved in the program this year” (Said Kruger). “All families have at least one student attending Oak Lawn Community High School.”

In terms of participation, All students and staff are allowed to take part in the event. As a bonus, Students can also earn service hours for helping on the days of each of the events.

That’s about it! We hope that students and staff find jubilation taking part in this event. Happy Holidays!