Snow-Body Could Stop Us From Painting The Gym Purple

Sydney Janik, Staff Writer

Although the original date for the annual Paint the Gym Purple game was postponed due to snow, the Spartans were on fire, February 10 against Conference opponent Shepard. Many people came out to support the Spartans as they looked to add another win to their outstanding record. In the end, the Spartans’ program took a sweep across all three levels! With varisty taking the game 60-45. The Spartans were led by sophomore, Sami Osmani, who added 19 points. Senior Adem Osmani cashed in a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds. To add to the scoring, sophomore Trey Ward contributed another 14 points! Also, Senior Leena Reyas, along with many other Spartan Survivirs, were recognized for her amazing fight against cancer. The festivities didn’t stop there! NHS hosted a “Sock the Court” which looked for donations of socks to give to the homeless. Socks are the most needed item, but they’re rarely ever donated. With this in mind, Spartans hit the stores and looked forward to donating as many socks as they could in order to help this great cause. This game was an opportunity to honor all those who were able to beat cancer, and remover those who have unfortunately lost their battle along the years. Year in and year out, this is an event that allows the both the school and community to let people know that no one ever fights alone.