Feeling Inspiration at Graduation

Senior Jill Sandrick prepares for graduation by receiving her cap and gown.

Gina Snyder, Staff Writer

Caps and gowns are being fitted and tickets are being distributed for this year’s graduation commencement. Seniors are feeling all sorts of emotions as the final ceremony looms near. Some students are ready to enter college, the workforce or military. However, all the students are ready to face new challenges and to enter the real world. Ms. Jones has been attending and helping with the graduation ceremony for many years and expressed her excitement for this year’s event. Ms. Jones also mentioned how every year, despite attending annually, when Pomp and Circumstance plays she gets the chills. Imagine how eager and anxious the seniors feel knowing that the four year wait is over.

The 2016 graduation is set for Wednesday May 18 at Saint Xavier.  The main coordinator of the graduation ceremony is Mr. McCurdy. Together Mr. McCurdy and Ms. Jones take pictures of the groups of students receiving awards and special honors. Ms.Jones articulated that some of her favorite moments of the night are watching the new student council president’s speech, and the inclusion of the Junior Marshals in the overall ceremony. Ms. Jones thinks that the best place to sit during the ceremony is on the stage since she gets to look upon the members of the graduating class. As someone who always looks out towards the graduating class, she reminds us that while looking inwards may remind us of old memories, looking out inspires us to keep moving forward.