Superstar Spartans Slay the Competition

Casey Fitzpatrick

The outcome of this year’s homecoming was definitely one to remember! The varsity and frosh/soph football teams dominated the field on Friday night, and shut Argo down with a final score of 20-0 for the varsity game. Not only were the players on point, but also the weather made last-minute accommodations for the previous night’s pep rally and parade, followed by the always dazzling annual firework show. Appearances were also made by the varsity cheerleaders, dance team, and school band that contributed to the overall prideful environment that evening. Thankfully, the Spartans were able to successfully display their amazing commitment to the school by parading down Austin for several blocks with nothing but wet floats and tremendous school spirit! Also, a special shout-out the school’s band for providing us all with the appropriate marching presence and leading the parade with timeless poise and excellence. As for the always charming and highly anticipated homecoming dance itself, there was much to celebrate and that showed throughout the night’s astronomical enthusiasm. The Spartan gym was absolutely stacked with crowds and crowds of exhilarated students shaking what their parents gave them. Although it took no time for the temperature to rise, the student body could not be disturbed. Plus, there was a water-bar on standby waiting to revitalize anyone who felt like they could use a refreshment followed by the notorious photo-booth in the Auditorium gym which is always a big hit for the students. A big thank you to all the members of the planning committee, student council, and members of the OLCHS who made all of this possible from the OLCHS student body! All in all, this year’s homecoming was out of this world! Our students and staff were shining bright with inspiration to make next year even better.