FSCAB spreads Holiday Cheer with Coat Drive!

Grace Tynski, Staff Writer

This year, like every other year for the past 10 years, the Freshman Sophomore Class Advisory Board (FSCAB) hosted their annual coat drive. It was a bit different considering this crazy year, but nonetheless many coats were collected. I talked to Mr. Krupa, and he offered some information about the coat drive. 

Usually the coats are donated to the Lakota Tribe in South Dakota, but this year due to COVID, the coats had to be given somewhere else. This year, they were given to Beds Plus here in Oak Lawn. Beds Plus is a homeless shelter which offers temporary housing for homeless people and helps them transition into housing. In total, OLCHS was able to donate over 100 coats, which was a great turnout. 

In addition to the coat drive, FSCAB also worked hard on creating cards and decorations for Grace Point Place in Oak Lawn. This place houses patients with Alzheimer’s and other dementias. FSCAB met virtually to create an array of decorations, which the residents loved. Residents received the decorations and really enjoyed them, some even taped them to their doors. I’m glad FSCAB was able to brighten the residents’ holiday seasons.

This holiday season will definitely be different for many people, if not for everyone. Despite the circumstances, the Freshman Sophomore Class Advisory Board diligently worked on improving the holiday season for multiple groups of people. Keep it up, FSCAB!