National Honor Society and Visual Arts Club Host Souperbowl Fundraiser

Hand painted ceramic bowls at the fundraiser.

Jules Rollberg, Staff Writer

On Sunday, January 21st, Oak Lawn Community High School hosted the NHS Souperbowl, a soup lunch fundraiser held right before the last professional football game of the season. Guests purchased a ticket prior to the event and were given a choice of four soups: cream of broccoli, chicken noodle, chicken rice, or tomato soup. There were also desserts provided. A whole table with several types of delicious cookies was laid out for the guests. National Honor Society and Visual Arts Club worked the event, sculpted, and painted ceramic bowls for guests to purchase. Guests made donations of $5 or more per bowl to buy hand painted ceramic bowls. These bowls, pictured below, were very creative this year. Tons of different designs were conjured up by kids from Visual Arts Club and National Honor Society. In addition, all the proceeds will go to the NHS Hustle Up The Hancock event where members will run to raise money for the American Heart and Lung Association.

The turnouts of the event were overwhelmingly positive. Lots of benevolent people came to the lunch event. Everyone had a great time and many donated money for an excellent cause. In total, the event raised approximately $3,000 for the American Heart and Lung Association.