The Sweetest Homecoming Yet!

Sydney Janik, Staff Writer

This past week, Spartans prepared for an exciting homecoming weekend ahead of them! On Monday, the halls were crowded with Chicago Sports Fans, spanning from Wrigley Field, to US Cellular, to Toyota Park! On Tuesday, the Spartans battled against each other with class color day! Freshmen wore gray, Sophomores wore black, Juniors wore white, and Seniors wore Green! On Wednesday, fellow Spartans gave everyone a taste of their culture with Diversity Day! Many wore traditional cultural clothing that represented their heritage! Thursday brought with it several double takes because it was Twin Day! Later that day, Spartans came out and supported each other in the annual Homecoming Parade, during which Alexia McGlynn and Anthony Glover were crowned this year’s Homecoming King and Queen! Lastly, OLCHS was a sea of green on Friday, as all Spartans celebrated the last day of Homecoming Week by repping Spartan Pride and wearing green! However, the fun didn’t stop there… Spartan Pride was seen at the Homecoming Football Game. The Spartans took on the Argo Argonauts, winning 27-6! All festivities were wrapped up at the dance on Saturday. Everyone danced the night away and had an amazing time! The student body can’t WAIT to see what next year’s homecoming has to offer!