Engaging in S.T.E.M

Jacob Gonzalez, Student Writer

Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics club, also known as S.T.E.M, is a club that takes part in a plethora of experiments. These experiments include ideas that are science based where mathematics and engineering skills are applied to the experiments. Each Monday the club gathers in the junior/senior lounge to discuss and proceed to partake in super fun projects that teach the concepts of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. This year, the club participated in an egg drop from the third floor. Students created objects that served the purpose to secure the egg. Even though many eggs broke while being secured in pillows and toilet paper, it was an egg-straordinary event.

This year, various S.T.E.M participants traveled to Rose-Hulman college which teaches a wide range of topics from mechanical engineering to economics. At the college, the students were able to visit classrooms, discuss with staff and students, and view the experiments that the college kids partake in. The club will also take part in a SSC competition where an abundance of schools compete in various challenges such as paper plane throwing and a geology test.

Within the club there are many intellectuals and people who are interested in the concepts regarding the various topics as stated above. It is a club that evokes future interests and can serve as a great way to pass the time. The host of the club, the extravagant Mr. Repa, is a great leader as well.