The Blissful Ballers of OLCHS Golf

Jacob Gonzalez, Writer

The beginning of the school year had meant for the boys golf team to start anew for they were ready to execute on the golf course the same way Tiger Woods does. The Stony Creek Golf Course remains the home course for the boys to dominate even though it isn’t a course that is golfed on by the elites in the form of Rory Mcilroy and Dustin Johnson, but by the OLCHS golf team who is, in their own form, very elite. The coaches had exuded confidence from the driving range on day one to the last day of sectionals. When asked about the development and excitement of the team head coach Patrick Mayer responded by saying, “As a whole, anything is possible because the players love what they are doing and execute very well. It can be said that we are tee-rrific”.

The elegance of golf was introduced to various students this year, including an array of freshman, sophomores, and two juniors, one of whom was the sixth man on varsity. That man was Jimmy Benson who had shot a best 47 on a 9-hole course. The varsity team was lead by sophomore Chris Dunne, who had made it to sectionals but fell short by shooting a 95. Alongside Chris was seniors Jackson Kierna and Jack Lindor, sophomore Kameron Osterreich, junior Jimmy Benson, and junior Michael Rollberg, who also fell short at sectionals with a score of 102. The varsity squad took third place by key performances accompanied by the great coaching staff of Mr. Mayer and Mrs. Malone. As the season has come to a close with many a spectacular performance, the boys look to become a dominant force in the near future and always remember to wear two pairs of pants when you play golf in case you get a hole in one.