Looking Forward to Homecoming

OLCHS students decorating doors and getting into homecoming spirit.

Allie Templin, Staff Writer

The Homecoming theme for the 2016 school year is “Spartans at the Circus.” Spirit week for homecoming will begin September 23rd and continue until the day of the dance, October 1st. Spirit week will kick off with Friday’s spirit day, “Flashback Friday” where students should wear shirts from previous years Homecomings. Friday is also window painting after school.

Starting Monday, dance tickets will be sold for $15.00 and will be $15.00 on Tuesday as well. On Monday, class competitions will be held in the Media center and during Spartan plus. Monday’s spirit day is “Frat day.” Followed by the homecoming Pep assembly Tuesday, where the Homecoming court will be announced, and students should wear their class color to show school spirit. Wednesday’s spirit day is “Decade’s Day” in which students can participate in a blast to the past. Wednesday night is the annual powderpuff game, so come support your lady Spartans as they play a game of flag football. Thursday’s spirit day is character day, and students should dress as their favorite character. Thursday night is the annual parade, followed by the pep rally and fireworks. The Homecoming football game on Friday September 30th has a theme of Neon. During the week the Media center will be doing various activities, in order for your class to win points.

Also, throughout the week, NHS will be hiding objects in class rooms for prizes. Door decorating is during advisory beginning on Wednesday. Homecoming court voting begins on 9/22 during advisory.