Senior Swimmers Make Waves at Conference

Top Row: Matt Janus and Sam Karas. Bottom Row: Piotr Galas and Chris Madujano. Varsity took 2nd place in the 200 medley relay.

Justine Kwak, Staff Writer

The Boys Swim Season has officially ended with Conference. Conference was held here at Oak Lawn Community High School on February 4th, 2017. Conference included the following schools: Oak Lawn, Argo, Reavis, Shepards, Eisenhower, Evergreen Park, and Richards.

The boys swam incredibly strong this season to beat their personal bests at conference. Coach Zuzga mentioned that “The boys swam out of their minds this year at Conference. Out of 33 total races we only had one race that someone didn’t report a personal best. The boys team had a lot of challenges this season. To the point they only had 5 boys swimming on the Varsity Level this year at the Conference meet. These five boys: Piotr Galas, Matt Janus, Chris Madujano, Konnor Parish, and Sam Karas were in 3rd place after 2/3 of the meet was completed. This is testament to how well they were swimming”.

The boys on JV level swam extremely well at conference to prove that they would be a great addition to the Varsity level next year. The JV boys have a big gap to fill, since most of the varsity boys are seniors. “This team has a lot of promise with some young athletes who have the ability to grow into great swimmers. Sophomores: Matt Arndt, A.J. Daoud, Patt Szuba, and Freshman: Sam Karras and Kevin Zweisler will definitely be a great core of young athletes which will have a bigger role next season”, said Coach Zuzga. Overall, the JV boys took 2nd place in conference, while the varsity level took 5th place. Let’s congratulate the boys for an amazing season!