Pumpkins and Premiers

Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West/Kid Flash (left) and Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash (right) on a Season 3 poster for “The Flash” on the CW.

Melanie Schlesser, Staff Writer

Fall is a time for falling leaves, cool weather, and an abundance of television. The season might kick off with School but it picks up when show after show is starting back up, creating a blissful paradise full of fake problems and drama.
Arrow is a show about the Green Arrow, DC Comics’ Emerald Archer from the CW. This show kicked off its fifth season by completely changing the roster of the vigilantes team. Oliver Queen, or the Green Arrow, is played by Stephen Amell with a fabulous cast behind him including Emily Bett Rickards playing Oliver’s love interest Felicity Smoak. So far, I definitely prefer it over the fourth season. I can’t wait to see how this turns out!
The next show is Arrow’s baby brother-The Flash. I didn’t want to start this show because I’m very against DC Comics, nothing personal just my opinion. I started this over the summer and fell in love with the Scarlet Speedster. The third season kicks off with a bang after the epic final moments of the sophomore season finale. I can’t go on without spoiling it.
This final show is heading over to Marvel territory with Marvel’s Luke Cage, which premiered on Netflix at the end of September. This show is gritty and dark, like the other Marvel adaptations on Netflix, but Luke Cage addresses a couple major social issues, such as Black Lives Matter. The anti-hero drama has definitely brought Luke Cage into my hero vocabulary and made him one of my favorites. Overall, the season was great and I can’t wait for season 2 and the epic crossover series The Defenders, set for release in 2017.
The superhero dramas are off to a fantastic start this year. Hopefully the others can keep up with them!